ADDRESS

Cross Point Church

P.O. BOX 1000

17530 Fox Hollow Drive

Lockport, IL 60441

CONTACT
  • Facebook

© 2019 Cross Point Church Lockport, IL

OUR HISTORY

The vision for our church was birthed in the people from First Assembly of God in Joliet. With guidance from Rev. Larry H. Bottroff, a core group was sent out from Joliet to establish First Assembly of God in Lockport.

The church held its first service on June 4, 1961, at the Youth Center, now the Gladys Fox Museum, located at Ninth and Washington Streets in Lockport. First Assembly of God continued to meet there for over one and half years under the leadership of Rev. L. V. Coons. In March 1963, a two acre parcel was purchased east of Lockport on Illinois Route 7/159th Street between Farrell and Gougar Roads. The church relocated to a small building on the property with its first service on April 14, 1963. Later, additional land was purchased and a church building was constructed. Services were held in this newer construction from January 1, 1969 until late 2007, when the property was sold to make way for commercial development.

 

In November of 2007, the church purchased and developed a five acre site debt-free in the Fox Hollow subdivision located on Briggs Street between Oak Street and Bruce Road. With a new location and building came a new church name.

 

Cross Point Church held its first church service Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011.